Sunday, January 17, 2016

January 2016: Ipsy Bag

This month's ipsy theme is "All Eyes On You" and I received the following five products: Beau Gâchis® Paris Smudge Brush, Mitchell and Peach English Leaf Body Cream, theBalm Cosmetics Mr Write (Now), Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow, and Pur~lisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum.
 
 
Mitchell and Peach English Leaf Body Cream: This is a fairly moisturizing body cream that sinks right into the skin within seconds of applying it; and contains some really good ingredients like sweet almond oil, sweet orange oil, basil oil, vitamin E, lavender oil, cedarwood oil, peppermint oil, etc. To me it smells like grass or leafs, which is actually true to the description at the back that says "blended with a bright 'green floral' scent inspired by green countryside". So, overall it is a decent product.  

 
Gâchis® Paris Smudge Brush: This is definitely not a smudge brush, and it's too big for even being a blending brush. It is very round and full because the barrel that holds the bristles is completely round and not pinched in at all,  so I am not really sure how I will use it. Ipsy has actually suggested to use it for blending gel or other liners, but it is too big for that. The bristles are not extremely soft so it holds its shape and is not flimsy. I looked up on the company's website and it retails for $12 USD (on sale now for $10 USD); it is handcrafted using both animal and synthetic hair. But overall, I did not like it because for me it is very close to the size of my under eye concealer brush.
 
 
Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow in You're Toast: At first I was really disappointed that I received another mineral shadow because I don't like using loose powders, but I think I will be using this one because its really beautiful. You're Toast is a gorgeous peachy rose gold shade, and is perfect for natural but bright everyday look.
 
 
theBalm Mr. Write (Now) Eyeliner Pencil in Jac: This is one of the creamiest and softest eyeliner pencils that I have ever tried. It literally feels like butter. The shade Jac is bronzy but with very subtle olive undertone. It has amazing staying power, and it does not move at all once it sets. I tried rubbing it off as hard as I could but it did not budge whatsoever. So, I am definitely going to try more colors from this line.
 
Pur~lisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum: I haven't tried this yet, but I have admit that this is the most generous eye cream sample (7ml)  that I have ever received, considering that the full size is only 15ml and retails for $65 USD.
 
Overall, it was a decent Ipsy bag this month.
 
What did you get in your  bag? What was your favorite product?
 
Thank you for taking time to read this post. Hope you have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment