Monday, December 28, 2015

Simple homemade mask for eczema or extremely dry and irritated skin

Once I got a really bad reaction to a clay face mask that I made using apple cider vinegar. It not only irritated my skin but also triggered eczema around my mouth. My skin was very raw and itchy, so my doctor recommended me a simple home remedy which worked wonders, and will hopefully do the same for you.
 
Oatmeal Yogurt Mask
 
 
The proteins in the oatmeal can help nourish the dry scaly skin, while the yogurt can add in the lacking moisture.
 
Oatmeal contains beta-glucan which has the unique ability to form a fine layer or a protective barrier on the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and can enhance healing process by stimulating collagen.
 
 
Yogurt contains calcium that facilitates cell renewal and heals dry skin. Also, it is rich in B vitamins that help regenerate the skin cells, and zinc which has anti-inflammatory properties.  
 
To make this simple mask, all you need is: 1 tbsp partially ground oatmeal + 1 tbsp warm water + 1 tbsp yogurt.
 
Mix the three ingredients and apply evenly over the affected areas. Wait for 10-15 minutes and wash with warm water.
 
You can use rose water instead of regular water as the rose is calming, but skip it if you are sensitive to rose or if you have extremely sensitive skin.
 
Also, yogurt can be replaced with milk. But when using yogurt, make sure it does not contain any additives or sugars. I personally only use home made yogurt on my skin.
 
Moreover, you can add some ground almonds and mashed banana like they do in Lush Oatifix Mask.
 
Have you tried this mask? Do you have any other recommendations?
 
Thank you for taking time to read this post. Hope you have a great day!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment