Saturday, December 5, 2015

December 2015: Julep Maven All That Glitters Overview

I have been a Julep maven for about two years. Its a great service with free shipping and new colors every month. This months theme was All That Glitters and I got the IT girl box. It came with three nail colors and a cinnamon flavored candy cane along with a coupon for free nail polish.
 
Chrissy, Beatrice and Omelia
 
Chrissy: Beautiful creamy green shade that leans a little bit towards teal. UPDATE: This polish stains both the skin and the nails really really bad during the removal process. Even repeated washing with soap didn't get the color off my skin. I will never use it again. I will share the pictures in an upcoming post.
 
Beatrice: Shimmery gold with a hint of copper. Its a difficult to define kind of shade so I may be wrong but to me it looks like the liquid form of Becca Jacyln Hill Highlighter.
 
Omelia: This is a special edition 2015 wonder maven polish. It's purple with tiny pink sparkles in it.
 
On the first look I thought I already have these shades in my collection so I have done a brief comparison.
 
Omelia (bottom) and Barbara (top)
 Barbara is a lot more pink while Omelia is purple.
 
Chrissy and Emilie
 
Chrissy and Emilie
 Emilie is true leafy green shade while Chrissy has some bluish undertones to it, which makes it look a little bit teal when placed close to a true green.
 

Sienna and Beatrice
Beatrice has a lot more copper to it while Sienna is more of a cool toned silvery gold. Also, Sienna has a creamy and smooth texture while Beatrice has some finely milled glitter.
 
What did you get in your Julep maven box this month? What do you think about Julep polishes in general?  Also, do you have any thoughts on Julep matte lipsticks because I really want to try them.
 
Thank you for taking time to read this post. Hope you have a wonderful day.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment