Saturday, November 9, 2013

Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes

I recently picked up Laura Mercier Artist's palette for eyes from Sephora. It is a limited edition holiday palette which may get sold out soon because of the VIB sale. When I first looked at it, I thought this is another neutral palette similar to Naked or Lorac,  however, it is not. UD Naked has somewhat goldeny bronze shadows, Naked 2 has cool toned taupes & greys, Lorac Pro has a lot of reddish coppery tones along with some mauves while this Laura Mercier palette has purple and plum shadows along with a decent number of neutrals.  


Packaging: I really love the soft cushiony faux leather feel with the magnetic closure, which makes the palette look like a clutch. Also, I like the fact that it is very sleek and doesn't have an extra slot for a brush or primer.


The internal layout and the material of the compact is really good. Also, all the colors are labelled with cool names, which is always a plus. In addition, half of the shadows are matte. 

Sparkling Dew, Guava, African Violet, Plum Smoke, KR Royal, Violet Ink

Consistency & Texture:  Some shadows are better than others in terms of the smoothness and texture. No doubt, all of them are soft and pigmented, but I found that Guava and African Violet have a lot of fall out, which could be fixed with slight tap of the brush before application. But matte shadows are the best  in all domains.

Vanilla Nuts, Primrose, Fresco, Bamboo, Truffle, Espresso Bean

Longevity: The shadows stay on really well with minimal fading at the end of the day. However, I always use a primer underneath for more vibrancy and longevity. 

Price: The palette retails for $60 and each shadow is 0.03 oz (x 12) compared to the full size 0.09 oz that retails for $28 each. 

Overall, I really love this palette because I am all about neutrals and palette takes them up a notch. Some of my favorite shades from this palette are: African Violet, Plum Smoke, KR Royal, Bamboo and Truffle. I especially love Truffle because I own a lot of browns but none like this. It is a true coffee brown shade which is great for crease and even an all over color for dark smokey look. 

If you are interested in this palette, pick it up now with 20% VIB discount before it gets sold out. 


Have you tried this palette? What are your favorite shades?

Thank you for taking time to read this post, I hope you enjoyed it. Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment